Skydiving is one of the most intersting and adventurous activities you can do. Feel a sense of freedom, enjoy the beauty of your surroundings, beat your fears and push your limits in one of these incredible skydiving sites. Take advantage of the distance that separates you from the stresses of everyday life. If you are interested in this sports, you must go to these cities to experience the adrenaline rush bliss. Skydiving is a sport in which you jump off the plane – yes, while flying on an airplane itself is a great experience, flying in the sky is an experience of a lifetime. So Go ahead and check out these amazing places for skydiving to fall in love with the adventure and lose yourself in the beauty of it.
1. Waialua, U.S.A. with Skydive Hawaii
Considered one of the most beautiful drop zones in the world, you can take in the views from 12,000, 14,000 or 20,000 feet above Hawaii’s north coast. Tandem Skydiving with Skydive Hawaii is the safest way to go skydiving for the first time. After a few minutes of instruction, you will sail the sky at 120 miles per hour taking in the jaw-dropping views while gently descending to earth with your instructor. Flying above the clouds and falling through the Hawaiian skies at 120mph is an adventure you will always remember and treasure.
- Address: 68-760 Farrington Hwy, Waialua, HI 96791, United States
- Appointments: skydivehawaii.com
- Timings: Monday to sunday: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
|Standard Tandem Skydive 12,000′||$250|
|Standard Tandem Skydive 14,000′||$275|
|Online Reservation Special 12,000′||$175|
|Online Reservation Special 14,000′||$200|
|Highest Tandem in Hawaii 20,000′||$1600|
This price is valid only online with a 24-hour in advance reservation and a paid $50 deposit per participant. Temperature at 20,000′ can be -25 degrees. Layered clothing is recommended, as free-fall will add a windchill at 120mph. Men must be clean-shaven so that oxygen masks will fit snugly. It could be very cold for up to 20 minutes.
2. Fox Glacier, New Zealand
Named in honor of Sir William Fox, New Zealand Prime Minister, Fox Glacier describes both the glacier and the nearby village. Like its twin, Franz Josef, the glacier descends from the Southern Alps into the temperate rainforest just 300 meters above sea level. You can organize an ice hiking adventure or book a scenic flight. There are glowworm caves a short walk from the town center, which offers a good choice of cafes and restaurants. Near Fox Glacier is the beautiful Lake Matheson, one of New Zealand’s most photographed lakes. On a clear day, it reflects Mount Cook. Choose from your choice of a 9,000 ft. jump with a 30 second freefall, a 13,000 ft. jump with a 50 second freefall or a 16,500 ft. jump with a 65 second freefall.
Things To Do:
- Discover Middle‑Earth at Hobbiton Movie Set, where you can see the film locations for yourself.
- If you’re looking to relax and take it easy on holiday, beautiful hot pools, cultural attractions and art galleries will keep you entertained.
- This is just a few of the things to do in New Zealand. Better start planning your itinerary.
3. North Wollongong Beach, Sydney, Australia
North Wollongong Beach has rock pools, wading areas, and good surfing. Skydive Sydney and jump from Australia’s highest altitude of up to 15,000 feet, directly over North Wollongong beach. There is plenty of grass, shade and picnic huts as well as a nearby children’s play area in Stuart Park and shops, cafes and amenities are provided, parking is free . This Beach is the only beach that is lifeguarded all year round, making it the perfect place for a barbecue with all facilities provided. It is ideally located along the shared cycle path. This Beach hosts the NSW portion of the Beach Netball Festival and part of the Ocean Six Series every year and is the perfect place to watch the New Years fireworks. This Beach is not a dog friendly beach, but you only have to cross the lagoon to the north to find the lead dog area. Dogs are allowed on the footpaths and cycle paths.
- Address: Cliff Rd, Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
- Timings: Open 24 hours
- What to Do: Royal National Park Tour, Wollongong Tandem Skydiving, Wine, Waves And Wildlife
- Where to Stay: Novotel Wollongong Northbeach: 2-14 Cliff Rd, Wollongong, New South Wales 2500 Australia
Belmore All Suite Hotel: 39 Smith St, Wollongong, New South Wales 2500 Australia
4. Mount Everest, Nepal with Everest Skydive
Everest Skydive will bring you to new heights in the Himalaya. Experience all that the Himalaya has to offer, deep in the heart of Sherpa country. The Everest Skydive combines a dramatic high-altitude skydive with an incredible cultural experience. You’ll skydive in front of Mount Everest, the world’s tallest mountain. Everest skydivers jump from an AS 350 B3 Eurocopter helicopter. This is the leading rescue helicopter in the upper Himalaya region and is known for its incredible performance at high altitude. Our jump aircraft is piloted by experienced mountain and skydiving pilots. Jumpers should be at least 18 years old and in good physical health.
- Best Time to Go: October or November
- Cost: $25,000 for skydivers
$5000 to participate as an observer
5. Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
The Palm Jumeirah is a man-made archipelago in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, created using land reclamation by Nakheel which stretches out into the Persian Gulf. The Palm Jumeirah Monorail is a 5.4 kilometers long monorail connecting the Atlantis Hotel to the entrance towers at the foot of the island. One of the most daring developments in the world, the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is a vacationer’s paradise. Protruding into the Persian Gulf, this man-made archipelago was built in the shape of a palm tree, with a trunk 3 km long and an array of fronds lined with luxury villas and five-star hotels. From water parks and wildlife encounters to beach clubs and boozy brunches, discover 10 cool things to do at the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai.The monorail connects the Palm Jumeirah to the mainland, with an additional extension planned to the Dubai Metro Red Line. Here you fly over the Palm Jumeirah, the artificial archipelago made of reclaimed land jutting out from the city’s urban marina, where you’ll get a mind-blowing view of the Persian Gulf and the whole of Dubai.
- ADDRESS: Atlantis, The Palm – The Palm Jumeirah – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- What To Do: swim with dolphins at Dolphin Bay, Splash Tours, paddle around the crescent, skydives at the premium Palm Dropzone
- Cost: The tandem skydive Dubai cost is USD 576 / AED 2131 / INR 41,500 for the Palm Zone location and USD 402 / AED 1489 / INR 29,000 for the Desert Campus Zone location.
- Timings: Thursday to Sunday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where to Stay: Grosvenor House Hotel and Apartments: Al Emreef Street, Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates