In most parts of India, April marks the start of summers and urges us to plan a quick weekend or mini vacation if possible. Soaring temperatures and heat can get a bit too overwhelming to tolerate, and an escape to a cooler place seems like the easiest solution. And India’s diverse landscape promises much-needed respite in the summer. Snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, scenic lakes and rivers to deep blue seas – we have them all! Whether you want to explore the quirky places of India or visit the country’s all-time favorite places, there are several places to go in India in April.
The trip may have stopped for now, but has our urge to travel calmed down? NO! Let’s continue our travel spirit and take a virtual tour of the 11 best places to visit in April that we could have otherwise booked tickets!
Best places to visit North India in April
The largest city in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Srinagar is a mystical city located on the banks of the Jhelum. It is also affectionately known as “paradise on earth” because of its haunting beauty and pristine landscapes. The beautiful Dal Lake with many colorful floating Shikaras, amazing gardens with multi-colored flowers and the bustling local markets selling delicious local food and other Kashmiri products is a sight to soak up during your visit to Srinagar.
- Weather in April: The temperature varies between 8 ° C and 21 ° C, which means it is comparatively cooler and pleasant compared to other northern cities.
- How to get to Srinagar: You can either take a flight from other cities to Srinagar International Airport or go to Jammu Tawai Station, then hire a cab or taxi for sightseeing.
- Places to visit in Srinagar: Char Chinar, Chashm-e-Shahi, Dal Lake, Kheer Bhawani temple, Mughal Gardens, Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Wullar Lake and Jamia Masjid.
- Things to do in Srinagar: You can go paragliding, boating in Shikaras, trekking, shopping in local stores, and even live in a houseboat.
Popularly known as the honeymoon capital of India, Manali is a picturesque hill station comfortably situated amid the Dhauladhar Ranges in Himachal Pradesh. Boasting breathtaking views, crystal clear streams, dense forests with rows of pine trees, a valley blooming with fragrant flowers and a cool climate all year round, Manali is definitely tops the best. places to visit in India in April.
- Weather in Manali: The temperature is between 7 ° C and 15 ° C, suitable for exploring this beautiful city.
- How to get to Manali: Bhuntar is the nearest airport to Manali located 50 km away. You can hire a taxi or cab from there to reach Manali. If you live in any town near Manali, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to this pristine hill station.
- Places to visit in Manali: Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, Hadimba Temple, Great Himalayan National Park, Manu Temple, Nehru Kund, Jogini Waterfalls and Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa.
- Things to do in Manali: Indulge in adventurous activities like hiking in the Parvati Valley, skiing, horseback riding and paragliding.
3. Mount Abu
One of the famous tourist attractions of Rajasthan, Mount Abu is a favorite destination to visit in April if you want to beat the heat and relax. An absolute delight here are the charming Lake Nakki and the surrounding lush greenery and the cool climate is another reason why you must visit Mount Abu in April. If you have an eye for architecture, Dilwara Jain Temple is a must-see for you. You can expect a cozy vacation amidst the scenic beauty and architectural wonders of the city when planning a trip to Mount Abu.
- Weather in Mount Abu: Mount Abu has soothing temperatures throughout April and is a great place to visit this month.
- How to reach Mount Abu: The nearest airport is located in Udaipur while Abu Road is the nearest train station. You can book a taxi or cab from there and reach.
- Places to visit in Mount Abu: Dilwara Temple, Lake Nakki, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Guru Shikhar, Ashram Brahmakumari and Raghunath Temple.
- Things to do in Mount Abu: Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Nakki, explore the architectural beauty of Jain temples here.
You can experience this picturesque hill station by traveling from Chandigarh to Shimla and take a break to relax in Kasauli. Surrounded by dense pine and cedar forests and dotted with colonial-era architecture, Kasauli is indeed one of the best places to visit in April to soak up the fresh air in the hills and take in the panoramic views of the mountains. ‘here. Serene and peaceful, Kasauli is your best bet for a weekend trip from Delhi or Chandigarh.
- Weather in Kasauli: The temperature hovers around 17 ° C and above, making it pleasant enough for a short break from the city.
- How to arrive: You hire a taxi or take a taxi from Chandigarh as Kasauli is only 65 km away. You can also take night buses from other towns or go to Kalka station and then hire a taxi from there.
- Places to visit in Kasauli: Monkey Point, Sunset Point, Mall Road, Baptist Church and Baba Balak Nath Temple.
Top Places to Visit in India in April
A perfect weekend destination with panoramic views and a pleasant climate, Lonavala is the perfect place in April to escape the scorching heat of neighboring towns and relax. Lonavala is part of the Sahyadri Hills and is popular among tourists and vacationers for the mesmerizing views it offers. Another reason to visit this place is its connectivity to other beautiful places nearby such as Khandala, Rajmachi and others.
- Weather in Lonavala in April: April experiences a temperate climate and Lonavala is a great choice for a refreshing city break.
- How to arrive: Lonavala is a 2 hour drive from Mumbai. The closest to Lonavala are Pune and Mumbai airports. You can also book a bus for this location.
- Places to visit in Lonavala: Amby Valley, Bushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Tiger’s Leap and Rajmachi Fort.
Much like Lonavala, Matheran is another exciting getaway set amid the Sahyadri Hills of the Western Ghats, perfect for a short break in April. A popular tourist attraction, and surprisingly the smallest hill station in India, Matheran is famous for its incredible views, muddy trails, pollution-free air, and the lush green hills around this place. Trek and enjoy the sunrise and sunset from Matheran.
- Weather in Matheran in April: An ideal temperature of 24 ° C in April in Matheran is perfect for exploring this destination without breaking a sweat. Here, you can also enjoy the cool breeze blowing.
- How to get there: You can either reach Neral Station (closest to Matheran) and then board the Matheran Hill Railway train to reach this location. You can also hire a taxi or cab to a point near Matheran, then take a horseback or rickshaw ride to reach the destination.
- Places to visit in Matheran: Belvedere Point, Echo Point, Louisa Point, Panorama Point, Prabal Fort and Rambagh Point.
- Things to do in Matheran: waterfall abseiling, hike to Chanderi caves, take in views of Sahyadri hills.
In the Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, Pachmarhi is a well-known hill station. In fact, in this state it is the only hill station.
Pachmarhi translates to “Five Caves” (Panch – Five; Marhi – Caves) and is also popularly referred to as the “Queen of Satpura”. This exquisite destination is one of the best places to visit in India in April to enjoy the stunning views of gushing streams, cascading waterfalls, lush green forests of Satpura. Legend has it that the 5 Pandavas of the Mahabharatha epic remained in the Pachmarhi caves during their exile. There are also several cave paintings at Pachmarhi which date back over 10,000 years. UNESCO also added Pachmarhi to the list of biosphere reserves in 2009 due to the wide variety of plants and trees, especially teak, that grow here.
- Weather in Pachmarhi in April: The climate in Pachmarhi is quite moderate in April, which gives you ample opportunity to explore the places peacefully and cherish the beautiful scenery.
- How to arrive: You can take comfortable Volvo buses to Pachmarhi from Nagpur or Bhopal. Bhopal Raja Bhoj Airport is the nearest airport from where you can hire a taxi or take a bus to this hill station. Likewise, you can reach Pipariya station, the farm in Pachmarhi, then take a private taxi or bus to the hill station.
- Places to visit in Pachmarhi: Bee Falls, Duchess Falls, Forsyth Point, Handi Khoh, Jatshankar Caves, Mahadeo Hills, Pandav Caves, Satpura National Park, Chauragarh Temple and Rajat Prapat Waterfalls.
- Things to do in Pachmarhi: Enjoy horseback riding in Handi Khoh, explore Pandav caves, Landa parasailing, zipline, hike in Dhoopgarh, waterfall hike and biking in the hill station.
Mumbai is as much a commercial capital as it is home to countless awe-inspiring monuments, colonial-era architecture, beautiful beaches, and bustling shops selling the quintessential street food like vada pav, bhel puri, pav bhaji. and other lip-smacking delicacies. Glamor, glitter, misery, poverty, hope – all painted on one fabric – this is what makes Mumbai famous. Visit Mumbai in April for a temperate climate, explore the city’s famous tourist attractions, and experience Mumbai nightlife like nowhere!
- Weather in April in Mumbai: Although the daytime temperature in Mumbai averages 33 ° C, you can visit the beaches in the evening and enjoy the cool breeze.
- How to get there: Mumbai being a city of mero has good connectivity from different parts of India. You can fly to Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from any city. If you take a train, you can reach Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus station or any other station like Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and Mumbai Central. As the city is well served by metro lines, local trains, and public transportation, you can use the same to explore the city.
- Places to visit in Mumbai: Bandra Worli Sea Link, Film City Mumbai, Gateway of India, Haji Ali Dargah, Juhu Beach, Marine Drive, Siddhivinayak Temple, Sanjay Gandhi National Park and Jama Masjid.
- Things to do in Mumbai: Enjoy various rides in Essel World, drive via Bandra Worli Sea Link, jump on the beach, party at the different nightclubs and discos, and take a movie city tour.
Cool places to visit South India in April
The quintessential hill station of Tamil Nadu is aptly called the Queen of Hill Station, Ooty or Udhagamandalam is a popular destination that attracts tourists all year round. An easy escape to the verdant hills of the Nilgiris, Ooty is one of the best places to visit in South India in April. To seduce you to plan a trip to Ooty, the picturesque views of the rolling hills, calm and serene lakes, roaring waterfalls, lush green tea and spice plantations, beautiful gardens with the rarest plant species and the undeniably delicious homemade chocolates sold in the local markets are enough.
- Weather in Ooty in April: Cool as compared to other cities, Ooty is also a favorite with travelers and tourists for its pleasant climate.
- How to get there: One can either drive to Coimbatore Airport (closest to Ooty), then hire a cab or taxi to Ooty or reach Mettupalayam Station, then board the Nilgiri Mountain Railway to enjoy from the alluring view of the pristine hill station.
- Places to visit in Ooty: Avalanche Lake, Botanical Garden, Doddabetta Peak, Dolphin’s Nose, Emerald Lake, Kalhatti Falls, Ooty Lake and Rose Garden.
- Things to do in Ooty: Shop for woolen clothes, spices, chocolates and tea, enjoy a toy train ride on the Nilgiris Mountain Railway, take a boat trip to Lake Ooty and cycle through pine forests .
A tranquil vacation destination near Mysore, Masinagudi is a true animal and wildlife lover’s paradise. Well situated amidst dense forests and beautiful hills with green patches of verdant trees, Masinagudi is a perfect place to visit in India in April. The hill station experiences a temperate climate throughout April, which makes it ideal for your expedition to this unspoiled beauty of a place. In Masinagudi, you will surely feel one with nature.
- Weather in Masinagudi in April: The weather is quite pleasant in April and ideal for exploring this hill station.
- How to arrive? Coimbatore Airport is the closest to Masinagudi and you can hire a taxi from the airport and travel the 123 km stretch by road. Mysore Junction is the nearest station and you can hire a taxi from the station.
- Places to Visit in Masinagudi: You can visit Nilgiri Tea Plantations, Theppakkadu Elephant Camp, Mudumalai National Park and Bandipur Tiger Reserve,
Coonoor is another serene and picturesque hill station in Tamil Nadu, located just 12 miles from Ooty. In the Western Ghats, the second largest hill station is Coonoor which is also an amazing getaway and one of the best places to visit in South India in April. The panoramic view of the rich green hills, the fascinating landscapes and the incredible weather of Coonoor will surely make you lose your footing!
- Weather in Coonoor: In April, the onset of summer makes Coonoor one of the most desirable places for a long or short vacation.
- How to get there: Thiruvananthapuram and Bangalore Airports are the closest to Coonoor and from there you can book a taxi or cab. You can also board the buses directly at Coonoor. Don’t miss the toy train ride from Ooty to Coonoor in the Niligiri Mountain Railways.
- Places to visit in Coonoor: Hidden Valley, Ketti Valley, Lamb’s Rock, Sim’s Park, Rallia’s Dam and Law’s Falls.