After more than two months of fighting the second deadly wave, India is finally experiencing a gradual decline in the daily number of Covid19 cases. With the lockdown being lifted in most parts of the country, travel restrictions have largely eased.
Under certain conditions, several foreign destinations are now open for travel from India. Upon arrival, you will either need to present a negative RT-PCR test report or proof that you have been vaccinated with one or both doses. And of course, you will need to follow the quarantine guidelines.
So, if you have the urge to travel in the blood and your passport is gathering dust, here are the countries that welcome Indians.
1. Turkey – For history and art lovers, Turkey offers many fascinating destinations. If you are planning to travel to the land of the crescent moon, you will need to present a negative RT-PCR test report upon arrival and be in quarantine for 14 days.
2. Afghanistan – To travel to a landlocked country, Indians must produce a negative RT-PCR test report less than 72 hours prior to arrival. However, he is advised not to travel to Kabul for the next few weeks due to the growing number of Covid19 cases in the capital.
3. Russia – A popular vacation destination, Russia is only open to those with a negative RT-PCR test report issued 72 hours before arrival. A few months ago, in fact, a Dubai-based travel company offered a three-week package tour from Delhi to Moscow that included two injections of the Sputnik V vaccine! In the age of Covid, vaccine tourism could turn out to be the next big thing.
4. Egypt – If the Pyramids of Giza is where you want to spend your vacation, all you need to do is produce an RT-PCR test report less than 72 hours before arrival.
5. Serbia – For those interested in the history of European wars and delicious food, the doors to Serbia are open. But here’s the catch. Unlike most countries where you need to submit a negative RT-PCR report that is less than 72 hours old, Serbia wants a report that is less than 48 hours before entry.
6. South Africa – For wildlife lovers, South Africa has open arms. Again, all you need is an RT-PCR test report dated within 72 hours of arrival.
7. Costa Rica – You also do not need an RT-PCR test report or vaccination certificate if you want to travel to Costa Rica. But wait. Travelers will need to complete a health card form upon arrival in this tropical forest-covered Central American country.
8. Uzbekistan – In addition to presenting a negative RT-PCR test report made no more than 72 hours before arrival, you will also need to quarantine for 14 days if Uzbekistan is where you want to spend your vacation this year.
9. Ghana – You must undergo twin Covid tests to enter Ghana. Not only will you have to present a negative RT-PCR test report on arrival, but you will also have to undergo the test again at the destination airport.
10. Albania – For those who wish to visit the castles and archaeological sites of Albania, the process is quite straightforward. Travelers do not need to submit a negative Covid19 report, but only need to be screened at the airport for preliminary symptoms.
11. Mauritius – Blue waters, clean beaches, tropical forests, lagoons, reefs, waterfalls. If you are thinking of Mauritius, you will have to wait a little longer before you can pack your bags. The island nation will open to international travelers from July 15, 2021. A 14-day quarantine period will be accompanied by a Covid19 test.
12. Iceland – To travel to Iceland you will need to present your vaccination certificate and undergo an RT-PCR test upon arrival.