Here is the list of the best places to visit in June in India that you might not want to miss this year. Check the list and choose what all places are you going to cover. You will find several places from Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and other places in India. Take a look at this terrific list of the best places to visit in June in India!
1. Ladakh – Paradise of Adventure Lovers
- Temperature: 16°C high; 3°C low
Popular tourist attractions of Ladakh: Leh, Kargil, Shey Monastery, Alchi Monastery, Thiksey Monastery, Hemis National Park, Lamayuru, Nubra Valley, Zanskar, Shyok Valley, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri, Tso Kar.
2. Srinagar – A heaven on Earth
- Temperature: 84°F high; 59°F low
The famous tourist attractions of Srinagar includes the floating vegetable market, the Mir Bahri’s, Aru Valley, Chashme Shahi, Dal Lake, Nishat Bagh Mughal Garden, Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Pahalgam.
Auli in Uttarakhand is one of the most cool places to visit in India in summer and one has a lot of reasons to visit Auli. Taking you closer to the Himalayas, spending this summers in Auli will surely be an experience of a lifetime. While the destination transforms into a snowy paradise in winters, it can equally be explored and enjoyed at in summers. Auli is one of the cold places to visit in June in India. The maximum average temperature recorded has never risen above 20°C.
- Places to Stay: The Himalayan Abode, Hotel Manik Resort Auli, Hotel Mount View, Hotel Auli D, The Sleeping Beauty
- Places to visit: Artificial Lake, Gurso Bugyal, Kwani Bugyal, Chattrakund, Chenab Lake, Joshimath, Nanda Devi Peak, Trishul Peak, Vishnuprayag, Rudraprayag and Badrinath temple.
- Things to do: Skiing in Auli, Cable car ride to Joshimath, trek to Kuari Pass to Khulara, enjoy camping at Nanda Devi ranges and river rafting at Alaknanda River.
- How To Reach:
- Jolly Grant in Dehradun is the nearest airstrip.
- Haridwar is the nearest railway station to Auli.
- One can also opt to take the cable car, popularly known as gondola which is a 4 kilometers ride from Joshimath and takes about 20 minutes to cover this distance.
Translated as the ‘Young Daughter’s Town’ as it was presented as dowry to the younger daughter of the Chief of Sakrepatna, Rukmangada, this serene city is also known as the ‘Coffee Land of Karnataka’ tranquilizing you from within with its aroma. Lush green trees set against the backdrop of majestic Mullayangiri ranges, Chikmagalur is one of the most popular spots for trekkers, nature enthusiasts, thrill-seekers, and explorers. The pious land is home to numerous temples including the Sharadamba Temple, Vidyashankara Temple, Kodanda Ramaswamy Temple, and Amruteshwar Temple adding grace to the grandeur of the vicinity bringing in devotees from far and close offering their prayers. Chikmagalur stands at an elevation of 3,400 feet, covered with eye-catching tea and coffee plantations, making it a major commercial hub of the state, and also bringing in tourists from all over the world to entice the unique experience of walking through the plantations. This entrancing hill station is not just about temples and sightseeing but also adventure activities that would savor your inner thrill enthusiast.
What to See: Jhari Waterfalls, Hanuman Gundi Waterfalls, Shankar Falls, and Kadambi Falls as there are plenty of them that will surely leave you mesmerized by spellbinding scenic beauty. Cascade of water flowing over the rugged terrain, it is a view that you will remember all through your life.
5. Dhanaulti, Uttarakhand – A Secluded Paradise
- Temperature: 80°F high; 59°F low
6. Mount Abu
Mount Abu is the one and only hill station of Rajasthan set in the Aravalli range of mountains. Set on a high rocky plateau in the Aravalli Range and surrounded by forest, it offers a relatively cool climate and views over the arid plains below. In the center of town, Nakki Lake is a popular spot for boating. Close by are the centuries-old Dilwara Temples, ornately carved from white marble and of great spiritual importance. In a state famous for deserts, places to visit in mount abu serve as a famous retreat to escape the pricking heat of summers in Rajasthan. With a pleasant climate throughout the summers, Mount Abu is one of the favorite getaways for most of the travelers living in North India.
- Places to Stay: Colonial Kaanchi House, Krishna Pushp Farm House, Green View Cottage, Forest Eco Lodge, The Fern Ratan Villas
- Weather: Mount Abu enjoys a pleasant climate and the average temperature lies between 17°C to 32°C.
- Places to visit: Dilwara Jain Temples, Sunset Point, Guru Shikhar, Nakki Lake, Adhar Devi Temple, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary and more.