Maheshwar is a town in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh state, in central India. It is located on State Highway-38,13.5 km east of National Highway 3 and 91 km from Indore, the commercial capital of the state. The Town lies on the north bank of the Narmada River.
- By Air: Nearest Airport is Indore at 96 KM.
- By Train: Indore Junction is 96 KM and Khandwa Junction is 120 KM from Maheshwar.
- By Road: Maheshwar is 96 KM from Indore, 120 from Khandwa, 40 KM from Mandav (Dhar), 66 KM from Omkareshwar and 56 KM from Khargone.
Things to Do and See in Maheshwar
- Holkar Fort: Visit The Queen’s Fort
- Mandleshwar: Explore The Bathing Ghats
- Rajwada: Admire The Blend Of French & Mughal
- Narmada Ghat: Calm Your Soul Here
- Jaleshwar Temple: Visit With Your Fam
- Khargone: Admire The Diverse Culture
- Kasrawad: Rich In Historical Significance
- Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple: Pay A Visit
- Shri Ahilyeshwar Temple: Gape At The Paintings
- Raj Rajeshwar Temple: Abode Of Akhand Jyoti Lamps
- Kaleshwar Temple: Houses Destructive Avatar Of Shiva
- Tilbhandeshwar Temple: Admire The Beauty
- Pandarinath Temple: Marvellous Architecture
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: Holiest Shrine
- Ahilya Fort: Historical Significance
Where to Stay
There are plenty of accommodation options ranging from budget to mid-range hotels. All the hotels are well equipped with modern facilities and amenities. The rooms look across breathtaking views of the surrounding areas and give reasons to visit over and over. Some of the popular hotels in Maheshwar include:
- Ahilya Fort
- Akash Deep
- Hansa Heritage
- Narmada Retreat
- Laboo’z Cafe
Shopping in Maheshwar
The city is famous for delicate cotton and silk textiles. There are plenty of handloom shops that offer woven and designed silk sarees which are known as Maheswari Sarees. If you’re here for shopping then do not miss to buy wonderful pieces of textile art.
Maheshwar, a very beautiful town in the heart of Madhya Pradesh is widely recognised for its charm and magnificent hospitality. With an extensive number of places to visit in Maheshwar, this city is a blend of beauty in art and architecture. It is known for its spiritual values and significance. So, if you are searching for a perfect vacation spot then your search can come to an end right here in Maheshwar.