Mainpat is a hill station and small village in the Surguja district in the northern part of the state of Chhattisgarh, India. It lies about 55 kilometres by road from Ambikapur. Mainpat teshil is one of the teshil of Surguja district Chhattisgarh. In Mainpat Teshil there are 46 villages and 0 towns. Out of 46 villages in Mainpat teshil in which Narbadapur is most populated village with population of 6516 and least populated village is Laleya having population only 442. There are 0 town in Mainpat sub-district which lies in Mainpat administrative devision. Most populated town in Mainpat Teshil is with population of N/A.
Total population of Mainpat teshil is 76573 as per Census 2011 Data. Sex ratio in Mainpat teshil is 978 per 1000 male. Literacy rate in Mainpat teshil is 47.05%.
Best Time To Visit Mainpat
The monsoon and winter months are the best time to visit Mainpat as the temperature remains comfortable. So, you can plan your Mainpat Trip any time between July to August and October to December which are considered as the best months to discover this less explored region of Chhattisgarh.
Places To Visit In Mainpat
1. Dhakpo Shedupling Monastery: Mainpat has some of the famous monasteries and Dhakpo Shedupling is on the top of the list. This picturesque monastery is where many Tibetans take a vow and also interact with the Lamas as they are approachable here.
2. Bisar Pani: It is a gravity defying hill where water seems to flow uphill due to the optical illusion. Many travelers visit this popular tourist spot of Mainpur to watch this upstream water flow.
3. Tiger Point Waterfall: This cascading waterfall can be sited at the center of Mahadev Muda River and is bordered with lush green vegetation. Falling from a height of 60 m, one can enjoy the magnificent view of this waterfall from the decks built by the government.
4. Jaljali: Located at a distance of 10 km from the village, Jaljali is one of the unique places to visit in Mainpat as it has an unusual land surface that has a bounciness like trampoline. Often referred to as bouncing land, this place is totally worth visiting if you wish to experience the wonders of nature.
5. Machali (Fish) Point: Situated in the deep hilly range, this place which is about 17 kms away from mainpat offers a scenic view alongside a river called Machali Nadi. This point is also known as the Fish Point owing to the number of fish species present in the river that falls from the height of 80 m.
6. Parpatiya Sunset Point: This tourist spot is about 30 km away from the main village where nature is at its best. From gorgeous sunsets to panoramic views of hills, it’s a perfect place for nature photography.
How To Reach
- By Air: There is no regular flight for Mainpat from any other major cities of India. Swami Vivekananda International Airport, aka Raipur Airport is the main airport at Ramchandi in Atal Nagar, Chattisgarh which is well-connected to major cities of India.
- By Rail: Being at high altitude, there is no railway station in Mainpur. However, Ambikapur Railway Station and Bishrampur Railway Station, both serve Ambikapur city in Surguja District of Chhattisgarh. If you want to travel from any other cities in India, then, you have to deboard at Raipur Railway station.
- By Road: The Mainpat village is well-connected within the region of Chhattisgarh. There are many government and private bus services available in the region.