The Lush Wooded Pine Forest In Patnitop Offers Ample Opportunity For Trekking. This state is known for its many picturesque locations and landmarks, and travelling to Jammu and Kashmir. Patnitop is located in the Lower Himalayan Range close to the Pir Panjal range, 47 km from Udhampur and 112 km from Jammu.This famous hill resort is perched on a beautiful plateau, at an altitude of 2024 m across which the Jammu-Srinagar Highway passes. The towns of Kud and Batote are nearby. Kud is a very small town where sweet shops make fresh Patissa (a sweet). It may be bought hot and melts in one’s mouth. Batote is known as a place for quality rajma or the kidney bean.
How to Reach
- By Air: Nearest Airport is JAMMU
- By Train: Nearest Railway station is UDHAMPUR
- By Road: Located at the distance of 47 km from Udhampur and 112 km from Jammu
Best Places To Visit
- Madhatop: Situated at an altitude of 2,024 m, Madhatop is easily accessible by road and is a 5 km trek away from Patnitop. Surrounded by pristine natural beauty, Madhatop is a great getaway destination for trekkers, honeymooners, winter sport aficionados and pretty much everyone else in between. Madhatop, with its salubrious climes and silver mountains is almost a haven for honeymooners and adventure tourists.
- Nathatop: The hill station is covered with snow during winters thereby enhancing its beauty two times. One can happily go skiing in these mountains. Nathatop has become very famous for its paragliding. One gets an excellent and clear view of the Himalayas from the peak of these hills. It has an altitude of about 2711m. It has a pleasant climate and is fun to hang out at. It is a must-visit place for the nature lovers and those who love to sit quietly at one place and enjoy the serenity of a place.
- Naag Mandir: This ancient temple is located near Patnitop and has been there in existence for more than 600 years. The main festival of this temple is the Nag Panchami festival which attracts thousands of Shiva devotees who flock here to pay their respects to the snake King Cobra. The outer of the temple is made of wood and has weathered with time. Surrounded by the lush green, this temple is a truly blissful place to visit and enjoy the surreal environment.
- Shiva Ghar: Lying at an altitude of around 3500m, and a 11km trek from Patnitop, Shiva Ghar makes for an exciting one day trek. Trekking equipments can be hired from the tourist department shops in Jammu.
- Kud Park: Located in Kud, this park is famous for its beautiful flowers. The park is a comfortable place for couples as well as families and has become a favorite picnic spot to everyone who visit Kud. One of the main attractions in the region is ‘Patisa’, a sweet that the place is known for. it comes on the way to Patnitop from Jammu on the Udhampur Srinagar Highway.
Where To Stay
- Govt Youth Hostel, Inside the Meadows. There are dormitories and family in the midst of the trekkers paradise and the forest. This is the point where Great Natural Heritage Trekking Expedition passed thru or took off.
- Hotel Green Land Patnitop, Good budget hotel providing double rooms at ₹200 a night.
- Hotel Shivalik (Behind Taxi Stand).The location of this hotel is Highway touch and from here one can walk up the Meadows and Forests that makes Patnitop famous.